Tour Route: Hanoi – Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai
Duration: 3 Days/ 4 Nights
Start/ End: Hanoi (evening pick up at hotel)/Hanoi (morning at hotel)
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Easy Adventure
Tour Category: Sapa Tours
Brief Itinerary :
Day 1: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai
Day 2: Lao Cai – Sapa – Sightseeing Tour & Half-day Walking
Day 3: Minorities, Rice Fields & Waterfall – Lao Cai – Train back to Hanoi
Day 4: Hanoi Arrival
- Be immersed in the stunning scenery of Sapa Valley
- Gain a great perspective on the living of ethnic minorities
- Admire the riveting collection of rock carvings
- Enjoy the scenic hiking trail through the picturesque villages
- Have a bird view of Sapa while visiting Ham Rong National park
- Savor the tasty dishes of special ingredients and long-established recipes
Experience our Service with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Night Train to Lao Cai
In the evening, you will be picked up at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi then transfer to Hanoi Railways station for night train to Sapa. Overnight on train.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Sapa – Sightseeing Tour & Half-day Walking (B, L, D)
After arrival at Lao Cai Railways station, welcome and transfer to Sapa. Breakfast at hotel. Check-in upon availability. The day is devoted to a beautiful hike through the breath-taking scenery of Sa Pa valley. Start by the road that descends in the wake of the street Cau May (6 km) En route, admire the rice terraces hidden behind the mist of the morning, a truly awe-inspiring sight.
Follow a small track and cross Muong Hoa River and pass well-tended rice terraces on our way to the Black Hmong village of Lao Chai. Continuing through the colorful rice terraces we will reach the village of Ta Van of Giay people. As we continue our trek along the Muong Hoa River we will cross a small suspension bridge, roughly 2km from the settlement. Here we can discover a fascinating collection of rock carvings.
These engravings depict some beautiful images of the man, stilt houses, and some beautiful decorative patterns. We lunch in a home in the village. After lunch, the walk continues through a bamboo forest to Giang Ta Chai, a Red Dao ethnic minority village. After taking a rest nearby a waterfall to refresh, we start climbing uphill to a road where the car is ready for our journey back to Sapa. Overnight in Sapa.
Approx: 1-hour driving/ 4 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Day 3: Minorities, Rice Fields & Waterfall – Lao Cai – Train back to Hanoi (B, L)
Morning, we go downhill to Cat Cat village to enjoy beautiful landscape and scenery along the road and waterfall with a hydroelectric station. Take a short rest before continuing our trek on a dirt trail through rice paddy terraced fields. The area is still covered by rainforest under the protection of Hoang Lien National Park. We will arrive in Y Linh Ho village inhabited by Black Hmong people where we will have one more rest before climbing toward the main road. Our vehicle will pick us up there and drive us back to Sapa.
Check out time at 12:00, then we visit Ham Rong Mountain (dragon-shaped mountain) to see the panorama of the “City in the cloud of Sapa” before transfer back to Lao Cai for our night train to Hanoi. Overnight on train.
Approx: 15 minutes driving/ 3 hours walking.
Note: The trails can be slippery during the rainy season from Cat Cat to Y Linh Ho.
Day 4: Hanoi Arrival
We arrive in Hanoi Railways station early in the morning, transfer to hotel. 4-day Sapa walking tour ends.
- English speaking guide in Sapa (Other languages upon request)
- Private transfer in Hanoi/ Sapa
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi: 4 soft sleeper berth cabin with A/ C
- 4-star resort with daily breakfast
- Breakfast upon arrival at hotel
- Entrance fees and permits
- Meals indicated in the itinerary
- Water/ snack & fruit
- All other services not indicated above
- Hotel in Hanoi
- If you have any specific food requirements (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies) please inform us in advance so that we can provide notice to our restaurant, tour guide or our partners so that they can serve you better
- Meals are included as specified in the itinerary. Meal codes are B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.