Tour route: Lao Cai – Can Cau market – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van – Lao Cai
Duration: 4 days
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Easy adventure
Tour Category: Sapa tours
Brief Itinerary :
Day 1-Friday: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai
Day 2-Saturday: Lao Cai – Can Cau market – Sapa
Day 3-Sunday: Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van – Lao Cai – Night train to Hanoi
Day 4-Monday: Hanoi – Arrival
Although Can Cau is not a big market in the area but it is very beautiful, animated and colorful. The market is open only on Saturday. You will meet there several ethnic minorities such as Flower Hmong, Black Zao, Phu La as well as Chinese people. Another highlight is the boat trip along Chay River and a short walk to a Tay village.
- Experience the colorful Can Cau market and meet the friendly locals
- Have a chance to snap the beautiful shots of the life in Sapa
- Know more about the daily activities of local people
- Appreciate the gorgeous embroidery costume of ethnic minorities
- Savor the authentic Vietnamese food
- Relax and unwind with the peace of Sapa
- Cruise on Chay River and enjoy the scenic scenery along the ride
Experience our service with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai
08:00 PM: pick up at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi; transfer to Hanoi Railways station for night train to Sapa.
Overnight on train.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Can Cau market – Sapa (B, L)
Around 06:00, we arrive in Lao Cai Railways station and have breakfast in a local restaurant before driving up to Can Cau market. Situated 20 km from Bac Ha, Can Cau is a small, but the very colorful market. Opening only on Saturdays, it always delivers a very photogenic display of Flower Hmong, Black Zao, Phu La ethnic costumes. After spending the whole morning exploring the market, we will leave the market for Bac Ha town for lunch.
In the afternoon, we head to Sapa town. Check in hotel and relax in Sapa.
Day 3: Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van – Lao Cai – Night train to Hanoi (B, L)
In this morning, we first sneak through the Sapa market and leave the busy town behind, following a road going downhill to Cat Cat village. We will stop by a waterfall and a hydroelectric station for a while before continuing the trek on a dirt trail through rice paddy terraces. We enjoy spectacular scenery while walking along a narrow river. We eventually arrive in Y Linh Ho village of Black Hmong minority, where we can take a rest with picnic lunch.
After lunch, we head toward Muong Hoa valley, passing through Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority and then Tavan village of Giay minority by following a very popular trekking route. Then we transfer back to Sapa, pick up luggage at the hotel for our journey to Lao Cai for our night train to Hanoi. Overnight on train.
Approx: 0,5 hour driving / 5 hours walking / 1 hour lunch.
Day 4: Hanoi – Arrival
Welcome upon arrival at Hanoi Railways station then transfer to hotel. Trip ends.
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
- English speaking guide in Sapa
- Private transfer in Hanoi/ Sapa
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi: 4 soft sleeper berth cabin with A/ C
- 4 star resort with daily breakfast
- Breakfast up on arrival at hotel
- Entrance fees and permits
- Boat trip on Chay river
- Meals indicated in the itinerary
- Soft drinks.
- All other services not indicated above
- Hotel in Hanoi
- If you have any specific food requirements (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies) please inform us in advance so that we can provide notice to our restaurant, tour guide or our partners so that they san server you better
- Meals are included as specified in the itinerary. Meal codes are: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.