Tour route: Hanoi – Bac Ha market – Lao Chai – Ta Van – Ham Rong mountain
Duration: 4 days
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Easy adventure
Tour Category: Sapa tours
Brief Itinerary :
Day 1-Saturday: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai
Day 2-Sunday: Lao Cai – Bac Ha market – Sapa
Day 3-Monday: Walk through Rice field Half day – Ham Rong Mountain – Train back to Hanoi
Day 4-Tuesday: Hanoi – Arrival
Situated in the heart of province, Bac Ha market no doubt is the most colorful and largest market in Lao Cai province. Each Sunday morning, the ethnic Vietnamese who live in surroundings gather to trade and sell all kinds of products such as food, handicrafts, tools, animals,… – it is also the time that the locals can eat and chat together as well. If tourists want to gain a local perspective on the rural living of ethnic minorities, Bac Ha market will definitely highlights your vacation in Vietnam.
- Be immersed in colorful costumes of ethnic minorities
- Experience the truly cultural beauty of ethnic Vietnamese
- Visit the beautiful Catholic Church in center of Sapa
- Discover the cultural diversity of Vietnam while visiting the idyllic villages
- Have a bird view of the town from the Ham Rong’s top
- Savor the delicious dishes
Experience our service with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai
08:00 PM: pick up at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi; transfer to Hanoi Railways station for night train to Sapa. Overnight on train.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Bac Ha market – Sapa (B, L)
Around 06:00, we arrive in Lao Cai Railways station, After having breakfast at local restaurant. Then start our drive to Bac Ha town we begin our journey up to Bac Ha. The market located in the heart of Bac Ha town is the largest one in the area. Every Sunday, the different and colorful ethnic minority come all here to sell their homemade products or buy something for the family. They are Hmong, Phu La, Black Dzao, Tay or Nung minorities. Some of these ethnic minorities can’t be met in any other areas. Our lunch will be provided at a local restaurant. We transfer to Sapa in the afternoon. Overnight in Sapa.
Day 3: Walkthrough Rice field Half day – Ham Rong Mountain – Train back to Hanoi (B)
After breakfast at the hotel, we will commence our short journey by driving south toward Muong Hoa valley and start our walk by descending into the valley, which is the largest rice paddy terraced in Sapa area. The guide can provide us interesting information about rice. If we visit the valley sometime in between May and October, we will be able to observe and experience how the local do planting and harvesting, one of the most important activities in the daily life. We walk from Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority to Ta Van village of Giay minority including a visit to the local Catholic Church. After that, we return to Sapa by car. Check out time at 12:00, we then climb up to Ham Rong mountain to get panorama of Sapa – the city in the cloud. In the afternoon, we transfer back to Lao Cai station for our night train to Hanoi. Overnight on train.
Day 4: Hanoi – Arrival
Welcome up on arrival at Hanoi Railways station then transfer to hotel. Trip ends.
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
- English speaking guide in Sapa
- Private transfer in Hanoi/ Sapa
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi: 4 soft sleeper berth cabin with A/ C
- 4 star resort with daily breakfast
- Breakfast up on arrival at hotel
- Entrance fees and permits
- Boat trip on Chay river
- Meals indicated in the itinerary
- Soft drinks.
- All other services not indicated above
- Hotel in Hanoi
- If you have any specific food requirements (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies) please inform us in advance so that we can provide notice to our restaurant, tour guide or our partners so that they san server you better
- Meals are included as specified in the itinerary. Meal codes are: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.