Tour route: Sapa – Cat Cat – Fansipan – Sapa
Duration: 7 days
Start/End: Hanoi (evening pick up at hotel)/Hanoi (morning at hotel)
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Trekking, Adventure
Tour Category: Sapa tours
Located about 350 km northwest of Hanoi and lies at the altitude of 1600m, Sapa is a small beautiful highland in Northern Vietnam. This small town is considered as one of the most worthwhile destinations for any visit. Vast terraced rice fields, ethnic minorities and a variety of hiking trails has the lure for a culturally authentic and breathtaking experience. And if you want to conquer the most challenging trekking trail in Indochina, you shouldn’t miss.
- Challenge yourself with the Fansipan trekking trail
- Have a chance to appreciate the magnificent natural beauty of Sapa
- Savor the authentic Vietnamese food
- Have a bird view of landscape from the top of Indochina
- Meet the locals and roam around the tranquil streets of the town
Experience our service with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai
08:00: pick up at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi; transfer to Hanoi Railways station for night train to Sapa. Overnight on train.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Sapa – Cat Cat – 2300m (B, L, D)
Welcome upon arrival at Lao Cai railways station, we transfer to Sapa town for our breakfast in the hotel, relax then travel by car downhill toward Cat Cat village of Black Hmong minority, which locates right at the foot of Hoang Lien mountain range. Here we start heading up the mountain. After a couple of hours of hiking, we stop for lunch nearby a river. After lunch, we climb toward the campsite at 2300m ASL where we spend a night in tents. We can stretch our legs by taking a short walk around while dinner is being cooked. Approx: 6 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Day 3: 2300m – 2700m – 2900m – 2600m (B, L, D)
Today’s trek will continue as soon as we finish our breakfast. We trek deep into the mountains and wild nature. After lunch, we ascend toward the peak of 2900m ASL. In the late afternoon, we descend to the campsite, which locates at 2600m ASL. Here we spend another night in a tent before climbing to the top of Fansipan. Approx: 8 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Day 4: 2006m – the top of Fansipan – 2800m (B, L, D)
Today we head to the top of Fansipan, which is the highest peak of Indochina. After a couple of hours of ascending we get to the top. Here e can enjoy the best view of beautiful sceneries and celebrate our victory. After that, we descend to a nice spot for lunch, then we continue until we arrive at the campsite, which locates at 2800m ASL. Here is last night in the mountain in tents again. Approx: 6,5 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Day 5: 2800m – Tram Ton – Sapa (B, L)
Today’s trek will be soft compared to the others. After putting down the tents, we start descending the mountains. We will follow trail and steps built of stone by Hoang Lien National Park. We stop for lunch before heading out the mountains. Arriving in Tram Ton early afternoon, we get in the car for the journey back to Sapa after the big loop in the mountains. Approx: 30 minutes driving/ 4,5 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Day 6: Sapa – relaxing day – night train to Hanoi (B)
Morning, we relax at the town. The afternoon we transfer to Lao Cai railways station for our night train to back to Hanoi. Overnight on train.
Day 7: Hanoi – Arrival
04:00 – 04:30: Arrive in Hanoi Railways station, transfer to hotel. End of services.
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
- English speaking guide in Sapa
- Private transfer in Hanoi/ Sapa
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi: 4 soft sleeper berth cabin with A/ C 3 star hotel with daily breakfast
- Breakfast up on arrival at hotel
- Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
- Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
- All needed transport
- All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
- Water on the whole trip
- Sleeping bag and mattresses
- Waterproof bluebag for luggage
- Tents if needed
- Mosquito net
- All entrance fees and permit
- Overnight in local house or tent
- Soft drinks
- All other services not indicated above
- Hotel in Hanoi