Tour Route: Boat trip on Perfume River and Thien Mu Pagoda – the Imperial and Forbidden city – Royal Tomb of King Tu Duc – Dong Ba Market.
Duration: 1 day
Departure time: Depend on the ship arrival time
Date: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish.
Start/End: Chan May Port/Chan May Port
Group Size: Private tour only – 1 person minimum and above
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Tour Categories: Vietnam Shore Excursions, Hue Tours
1-day Hue City tour from Chan May Port enables you to discover ancient beauties, fascinating culture and rich history of this former capital. A boat riding along the poetic Perfume River leads your way to the impressive Thien Mu River. Journey to the Imperial Citadel enchants your eyes by its architectural features. Later in the afternoon, exploring the Royal Tomb of Tu Duc King will make your day tour in Hue city memorable.
Highlights of 1-day Hue City tour from Chan May Port
- Full-day shore excursion cover top sights of Hue city from Chan May Port
- Scenic boat tour on Perfume River and explore Buddhist practices at Thien Mu Pagoda
- Admire architecture royal of remarkable structures in the tiny city of Hue\
- Visit the Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc built for ages
- Bustling lifestyle of friendly locals in Dong Ba market
Full-day Hue City Tour – Morning
When the cruise ship disembarks in Chan May port, our tour guide & driver will pick you up and then transfer you to Hue city. It takes you about one and a half hours as the distance from Chan May Port to Hue is 60 km. The tour is officially started upon our arrival in Hue city.
We firstly take a scenic boat trip upstream the Perfume River, on board a dragon boat to visit the Thien Mu Pagoda – Hue’s oldest pagoda and most preserved religious monument standing on the riverbank with its seven-floor tower. The pagoda is also home to the old Austin car driven to Saigon by the Venerable Thich Quang Duc in 1963 for his self-immolation.
Later, follow your guide to discover of Hue Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City, created in the 19th century for the Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty – the last reign in Vietnam history. At noontime, we enjoy a nice lunch with local food at a beautiful restaurant.
Full-day Hue City Tour – Afternoon
Continue our Hue city tour to the Tomb of King Tu Duc with a typical old oriental design, and mingle with Hue people in their exciting life at Dong Ba market before driving back to the port for your next journey. End of our tour and see off to your cruise at 16.00.
- Private transfer & transportation by car/van/bus up to group size with A/C.
- Private local wooden dragon-boat trip on Perfume River.
- Experienced English speaking guide (other languages available).
- Entrance/sightseeing fees during guided time
- Permission fee to pick –up at port
- Meal is Lunch based on local food at good local restaurant.
- Cold mineral bottle of water per person: 1 bottle of 500ml.
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks are not indicated & others not mentioned above.
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities