Tra Que is a charming little village located just a few kilometers from Hoi An. The village is named after the sweet scented vegetables they grow in the village, and are used to spice up famous Hoi An dishes, like the local noodle dishes Cao Lau and My Quang, or Hoi An Pancakes (Banh Xeo). At Tra Que Farming and Cooking class.
- Enjoy a ride through picturesque villages
- Gain more knowledge about Vietnamese traditional farming methods
- Refresh your culinary skill and creativity with instruction from friendly host
- Discover Vietnamese traditional etiquette
- Experience the authentic Vietnamese cuisine and savor your own dish
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs.
Met up the driver at the lobby of the hotel, we then take a short drive through the local countryside to Tra Que Village where the home of our host, Mr. Tuan is located. Then we walk through the market gardens where local farmers work their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago – no electrical machinery here. We pick fresh vegetables and herbs for our cooking lesson later, before trying a special herbal drink at a local home.
Arriving at Tra Que’s Family House we have a chance to freshen up before beginning our class. Working together with our Family COOKER we learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch. Using the freshest ingredients and traditional Vietnamese utensils (still in use today) we cook 4 famous dishes. The cooker will explain and help you to understand the real Vietnamese cuisine with his family’s recipes, how to use the tradition of using natural foods and drinks as home medicine.
After the class, we sit down and a chance to savor the dishes we have prepared.
1. Tom Huu – Special dish from Tra Que
– includes the making of amazing family fish sauce.
2. Fish in Clay pot with Vietnamese mint.
3. Zuzizuzi Cake ( Banh Xeo)
4. Grilled Chicken in Herbal Leaves
Menu on Request
Ending the tour with soaking your foot with the herbs.