Tour route: Set on coach morning cooking tour // Private afternoon cooking tour
Duration: Half days
Date: Daily from 08:15AM – 01:00PM// 01:30PM – 06:00PM
Start/End: Hoi An/Hoi An
Tour Category: Hoi An tours
Getting to know the cruises is the great way of understand the culture of the country. Vietnamese food is healthy, simple to cook and delicious and forms a large part of the culture. The Red Bridge Restaurant & Cooking School offers a daily, half-day cooking tour that introduces visitors to Vietnamese cuisine. Suitable for all travelers, the tour is a fun and interesting way to learn about the local food. The program could be run from 2 learners. This tour gives you a hands-on lesson on how to shop and cook authentic Vietnamese food.
- Get a real hands-on experience in kitchen of famous restaurant in Hoi An
- Explore the bustling market in ancient town by yourself
- Enjoy the scenic cruise on Hoi An River and have chances to snap beautiful shots
- Gain the useful cooking tips and authentic Vietnamese recipes
- Discover the plate decoration with Vietnamese style
- Feast on delicious meals you prepared yourself
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Met up at Hai Scout Café at 98, Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, we have a drink for a short time then we visit Hoi An colorful market to experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
After the lesson, we sit down and eat exactly what we have cooked.
Recipes (our food contains no MSG):
1. Making fresh Rice paper
2. Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
3. Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs & a Peanut Sauce
4. Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
5. Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
6. Food Decoration – Tomato Rose & Vietnamese Cucumber Hand Fan
* Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Freshly Chopped Vegetables (not included in the demonstration)
* A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request.
Finish at approximately 1 pm – transfer back to central Hoi An.
- 1 free drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai Scout Café
- Local English speaking guide/chef
- Boat trip (weather permitting)
- Cooking demonstration & lunch or dinner
- All recipes and notes
- Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An
- No child prices
- Hotel in Hoi An
- Transfer from hotel to Hai Scout Café
- Own expenses