Tour route: Local Phuoc Hai Fishing Village, local fishing markets and Cam Thanh Ecological rice paddy field
Duration: 1 days
Date: Duration: 7 hours – biking and boating tour
Start/End: Your hotel in Hoi An/Your hotel in Hoi An
Group size: Minimum 2 persons
Tour Category: Hoi An tours
The local geographical setting of wetlands and floodplains bordered by rivers and sea in Hoi An explains why fish and rice – which both grow in water, are essential components of the local cuisine. We would love to invite you to experience local fishing and rice production techniques first-hand in our Hoi An Fish & Rice Tour.
- Gain a local perspective on the rural living in Hoi An while joining in varied activities as the local
- Visit the authentic local fish market and buy fresh ingredient by yourself
- Cruise with basket boat through the water coconut palm forest
- Tour the Phuoc Hai Village and Cam Thanh rice farmlands
- Discover the farming methods of Vietnamese people
- Feast on delicious lunch with a hospitable host family
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
- Pick up and transfer to the Phuoc Hai Fishing Village by van or coach.
- Tour guide welcome and tour briefing.
- Take a guided cycling tour to Phuoc Hai Fishing Village see the daily life of the local fisherman and their families.
- Take a ferry to the nearby fish market of Duy Hai Village to inspect the local fishing fleet returning with their catch of fish, crabs, squid, and shrimp.
- Buy fresh seafood for lunch.
- Visit a local fish sauce (Nuoc Mam) producer.
- Enjoy morning refreshment at a local café.
- Return to Phuoc Hai Fishing Village by boat to meet and join-in fishing with the local fishermen using traditional fishing nets.
- Try to paddle the special Vietnamese rounded bamboo basket boat.
- Learn the Thung Chai whistle while exploring the freshwater coconut forest.
- Travel to the Cam Thanh rice farmlands.
- Learn how rice is planted still using the water buffalo to plow together with the traditional manual processes of raking, transplanting, sowing, grinding and pounding.
- Enjoy lunch with a local rice-farming family.
- Return to hotel in Hoi An, tour ends.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hoi An
- English/French speaking tour guide/s (other languages upon requested)
- Push Bikes
- Fishing village visit
- Local ferry passage
- Fish sauce producer visit
- Boat-cruise on the river (life vest available)
- Fishing with local fishermen
- Visit coconut palm waterways visit
- Rounded basket boat lesson
- Cold drinks (Soft drinks or beers)
- Hands-on wet-rice farming experience (farming outfits supplied)
- Water buffalo ride (optional)
- Lunch with local rice-farming family
- Photo shooting opportunities.
- Drinks & Beverages
- Tips & Gratuities
- Others not mentioned