This amazing Hoi An tour is designed for food enthusiasts wanting an in-depth understanding of Vietnamese cuisine. Hands-on cooking from start to finish of 4 famous Vietnamese dishes including ‘Beef Noodle Soup (Pho)’ & Clay Pot Fish with Dill (Cha Ca). At Red Bridge Restaurant.
- Discover famous Vietnamese dishes in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Get a real hands-on experience in kitchen of famous restaurant in Hoi An
- Experience the colorful local market in Hoi An ancient town
- Gain more knowledge about the culinary skills and useful techniques
- Savor your humble creation afterward
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Tour route: Set on coach morning cooking tour // Private afternoon cooking tour
Duration: 1 days
Date: Daily from 08:15AM – 01:00PM// 01:30PM – 06:00PM
Start/End: Hoi An/Hoi An
We’ll be at Hai Café at 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Hoi An town at 08:00 AM and meet up chief.
Travel around 10 minutes to Tra Que Organic Village, and walk through the market gardens where local farmers work their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago – no electrical machinery here. We pick fresh saw-tooth coriander and Vietnamese mint for our cooking lesson later, before trying a special herbal drink at a local home.
To the local village market and with the shopping list in hand we purchase a range of local ingredients, including star anise, cardamom, sesame rice paper, water spinach and banana flower.
Arriving at Red Bridge Cooking School we have a chance to freshen up before beginning our class. Working together with our Red Bridge Chef we learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch. Using the freshest ingredients and traditional Vietnamese utensils (still in use today) we cook 4 famous dishes, including the national dish ‘Pho’.
After the class, we sit down and a chance to savor the dishes we have prepared.
Leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River back to central Hoi An.
Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our new 20-meter swimming pool.
Recipes: – Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
1. Beef Noodle Soup (Pho)
– includes the making of fresh rice noodles
2. Clay Pot Fish with Fresh Dill (Cha Ca)
3. Lemongrass Shrimp grilled in Banana Leaves (Tom Nuong La Chuoi)
4. Grilled Chicken and Banana Flower Salad (Goi Hoa Chuoi Ga Nuong)
* Lunch includes all of the above meals
Finish at approximately 2.30pm – transfer back to central Hoi An arriving approximately
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
- Lunch and all drinks (excluding wine and spirits)
- Tra Que Village tour – entrance fees and herbal drink at local home
- Red Bridge apron and recipe booklet
- Local English speaking chef / guide
- Cooking demonstration and lunch
- Boat from Red Bridge Cooking School back to central Hoi An
- Free use of the new Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided)
- Hotel in Hoi An
- Transfer from hotel to Hai Scout Café
- Own expenses