Duration: 1 day
Date: Upon request
Start/End: Hanoi/Hanoi (Pickup & Drop off at the hotel)
Group size: Private only – 1 people and above
Active level: Moderation
Tour category: Hanoi tours
The Perfume Pagoda is one of the highlights of the Hanoi area and one of the most important religious sites in Buddhist Vietnam. Every spring, after the Vietnamese New Year, thousands of Vietnamese pilgrims come here to pray for all the health and prosperity they need to get them through the year. The pagoda itself is situated in a huge cave built into limestone cliffs and can only be reached by boat or by foot, as there are no roads into the area. We will have the chance to glide along scenic waterways and walk up steep mountain paths visiting the pagodas and temples that were built in this area over the centuries.
- Cruise along Yen River on rowing boat and enjoy the scenic scenery
- Discover the worship and belief of Vietnamese people
- Explore one of the most significant caves in Vietnam: Perfume Cave
- Feast on delicious lunch with local dishes
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
At 8 AM today morning, we are welcome by our local tour guide an driver then travels to Perfume Pagoda which is around 70km far from Hanoi. After 1 and a half hour driving, we catch Ben Duc, relaxing for a while, we take the rowing boat along the Yen river entering deeper the Perfume Pagoda. This is your relaxing time with fresh air, good two sides view of Limestone Mountains, rice fields and other boats rowing in front or behind…
Arriving in Thien Tru wharf, we have a short walk up to the Thien Tru Pagoda (the God of Kitchen pagoda) area where we can choose cable car or trek up to the Perfume Cave. The cable car option gives us the panorama view of the whole this place with mountains, rivers, and villages; but the path up and down takes us to experience the way of the Vietnamese Buddhist people to go to their religious land every spring…. Our destination today is the cave where the Perfume Pagoda inside. The cave itself recognized as one of the most beautiful caves in Vietnam with shaped stalagmites of “Co” and “Cau” who will help you have your boy or son if you can’t have; and “Dun gao” (Rice stalagtite shape) which you will get richer if you praise when you come here….
We are back to the restaurant for lunch by cable car or on foot then take a boat back to our vehicle for our journey to Hanoi after visiting Thien Tru Pagoda. Arriving at the hotel in Hanoi, the trip ends.