Tour Route: Ho Chi Minh City – Dong Nai – Nam Cat Tien Park – Ho Chi Minh City
Duration: 2 Days/ 1 Night
Date: No fixed date
Start/End: Ho Chi Minh City/ Ho Chi Minh City
Active Level: Moderation
Tour Category: Ho Chi Minh City tours
Tour Customizable: Definitely! (Tell us what you wish to do in the inquiry form)
2-day Nam Cat Tien National Park Tour is a rewarding experience that gives you the chance to find out about Vietnam’s diverse flora and fauna. Located 160 km from Ho Chi Minh City, Nam Cat Tien is one of 8 Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in Vietnam. Once here you can take a walk through the park to mingle the diversity of Nam Cat Tien’s wildlife, admire beauty evergreen rainforest and enjoy nightlife watching. Especially, overnight at a guesthouse inside the park will be memorable in your trip to Nam Cat Tien.
Highlights of Nam Cat Tien National Park tour 2 days
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the picturesque villages
- Admire the former volcanic crater
- Experience the jungle trek through Nam Cat Tien Park
- Gain a unique experience with an animal watch by Jeep at night
- Discover the diversity of Vietnam’s flora and fauna
- Feast on delicious meals of Southern Vietnam
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Introduction to Nam Cat Tien National Park
Nam Cat Tien National Park covers a total area of 72,000 hectares and belongs to three provinces. Being one of the largest areas of lowland tropical forest left in Vietnam, it features special tourism activities such as bird-watching, camping, boating, and green tourism. The park is home to about 600 varieties of plants, 240 types of birds and 50 species of mammals, including the one-horn Javan rhinoceros, one of several endangered mammals from Vietnam listed in the World Red Book.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Nam Cat Tien National Park (L, D)
Leaving Ho Chi Minh City at 8 AM, head to the northern city along Highway 1 then branching off National Highway 20 that leads us to a former volcanic crater, known as Lava tubes. Crossing the Dong Nai River to enter the Cat Tien National Park enables visitors to kick off their wildlife experience. After about 3.5 hours of driving, we arrive at the Nam Cat Tien National Park. On arrival, we will be met by a local guide then check in and followed by lunch.
In the afternoon we start walking 8km along the ecologic route: sites of Lagerstroemia Ovalfolia (BangLang), Tetrameles nudiflora (Tung), Cycas rumphii (Thien Tue), Ancistrolandus Tectorius (Trung quan), Afzelia cyclocarpa (Go). Then we transfer back to the center of town for having dinner. At night around 8.00 PM, our Jeep will transfer us to Ta Lai buffer zone for animal spotting (view animals at night).
Day 2: Nam Cat Tien National Park – Ho Chi Minh City (B, L)
Take 9km transfer by jeep inside the park to the junction, where we turn off the main route for 5km trekking to Crocodile lake station. A short break at the lake watching tower, then trek to the main road again.
Jeep picks up and transfers back to the center of the park. Check out the room and have our lunch in the park before leaving. Take a ferry crossing the river then heading back to Ho Chi Minh by our awaiting bus.
What to bring in the 2-day Nam Cat Tien National Park Tour: We recommend you to wear long trousers, a good pair of walking boot and bring torches, water, and insect repellent.
- A/C transportation
- English speaking guide/s (other languages upon requests)
- All accommodation on twin share
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Zeep car for birth watching at night
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as shopping; telephone, laundry and bar bills etc
- Tips and gratuities
- If you have any specific food requirements (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies) please inform us in advance so that we can provide notice to our restaurant, tour guide or our partners so that they can serve you better.
- Meals are included as specified in the itinerary. Meal codes are B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.