10 Days in Vietnam Experiencing Halong Bay to Hue and Hoi An
Vietnam is a very lovely country in Asia, and 10 Days in Vietnam Experiencing Halong Bay to Hue and Hoi An offering you the real vision and experience. You’ll visit all MUST SEES in the North, from Halong Bay – World Natural Heritage with seascape, Sapa mountainous area, flat land in Tam Coc with local village, rice field, to ancient Hoi An town where you can see Vietnamese, Japanses and Chinese culture. You also become local farmer in Hoi An to work on the field with locals as farmer, fisherman. Let’s join the tour with best images in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi city arrival – Airport pick-up – Hotel check in (Meal: No)
Welcome to Hanoi city. Driver is waiting for you at the airport to transfer you to the hotel in the center.
Check in the hotel and free time to take your first step exploring the city.
You may take the time to get the visa and feel fee to go out meeting your driver. You can see some driver who are waiting for their guest. Please take looking around and see your driver wil NAME BOARD on hand and your name on. Meeting driver and going to the hotel in Hanoi.
Overnight at the hotel in Hanoi.
Please Note: Hotel check-in time: 13:00
Day 2: Ninh Binh Full Day Trip ( Meals: B, L )
8:00 – 8:30: Driver and tour guide will meet you at your hotel and depart the Hoa Lu – Tam Coc tour.
Bus will stop on the half way to get the break time after 1 hour and half in the bus. At this moment, you can stretch your legs and take some photos of countryside.
Keep heading to Hoa Lu – the ancient capital of Vietnam in 10th century under 2 Dynasties: Dinh and Le Empire. You will understand much more about Vietnam with King Dinh and King Le’s temple. Through this trip, you have the chance to find out about the history, culture, architecture, and development of Vietnam what is still maybe strange of you.
Then, bus will transfer you to the local restaurant where you have the buffet Lunch with a lot of local food. And one of most special and famous in Ninh Binh is goat meat.
After Lunch time, tour guide will help you understanding about Tam Coc before enjoy the rowing boat time on Ngo Dong River. Ngo Dong river meanders among the mountains and you will have the feeling that we are living in the most peaceful and beautiful place in the world. Boat takes you through the 3 caves ( Hang Ca, Hang Hai, Hang Ba ). You see not only the “ Halong Bay on land”, but also you have the chance to meet the local farmers who is working in the rice field. Lovely time to understand more the local countryside’s life in Vietnam.
After rowing boat time in Tam Coc, you are riding bicycle to the paddy field and through the local villages to discover the simple daily life of local people, you will have the awesome experience in the country.
16:00: Get back the bus and heading back to Hanoi. Saying goodbye the lovely point.
18:30: Arrive the hotel in Hanoi old quarter.
Overnight at hotel in Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi free & easy (Meal: B)
Today, you have a free day to visit and explore Hanoi old quarter by your own. Old 36 streets are is most interesting point in Hanoi city where you can experience the local daily life of Hanoian, tasting several local foods, visiting the hitorical and cultural monument…
Overnight at the hotel in Hanoi.
Day 4: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight on cruise (Meal:B,L,D)
Please check out the room and you can leave your luggage at the hotel. You can only bring hand bag with something for the trip: passport, clothes, camera, walking shoes, sandals, and any thing you need for trip.
8:00 – 8:30 am: Meeting your tour guide at the hotel and depart for Halong bay trip. Short break-time on the haft way for relax before reaching Halong Bay.
Vietnamese Lunch will be served after check in the cabin on cruise and cruising through the bay to the center.
Exploring the beauty of Surprising cave – the most beautiful and biggest one in the bay. Leisurely time hiking and swimming on the beach of Titop island.
Get back the boat for Sunset Party with fresh fruit & local glass wine.
Dinner with delicious local dishes and free evening to feeling Halong Bay.
Overnight on the cruise
Day 5: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Night train to Hue (Meal:B,L)
You should wake up little early to enjoy the Sunrise in Halong Bay.
After breakfast, doing Kayaking by your own to discovering Halong Bay.
Learning how to make Vietnamese Spring-roll in Cooking Demonstration on the cruise.
Lunch time while cruising back the harbor.
Get on the bus back to Hanoi.
17:00: Arrive the hotel in Hanoi.
Evening time: Driver will pick you up and transfer you to Hanoi train station for Night train to Hue.
Train takes about 16 hours from hanoi to Hue city with soft sleeping beds on train. You will see the local sountryside during this journey with rice field, mountain, river and he how beautiful and peaceful Vietnam is.
Overnight on the train.
Day 6: Hue arrival – Train station pick-up – Hotel check in (Meal: No)
Welcome to Hue city – ancient capital of Vietnam. Driver will pick you up and transfer you to the hotel in Hue city. Hotel check in and have your own free time.
Hue city is friendly and quiet city with many historical monuments, you can also tasting many local Hue food what is very delicious.
Overnight at hotel in Hue.
Day 7: Hue city tour (Meal: B,L)
07:45 – 08:30 am: Tour guide and bus will pick you up at the hotel and start visiting Imperial Palace during Nguyen Dynasty: the Royal Citadel, Forbidden City, Hue Royal Museum and the seven – storey Thien Mu Pagoda on the riverbank, you get on the boat for a sight-seeing along the Perfume River. After the tour, the boat will drops off you at the Hue River Bank in the city center.
have Lunch at local restaurant.
After having lunch, We will pick up you at your hotel & transfer to Visit famous sites:
- Minh Mang Tomb
- Khai Dinh Tomb
- Conical Hat Making Incense Making Village.
Get back the bus and come back the hotel.
17:00: Arrival hotel.
Overnight at hotel in Hue.
Day 8: Hue – Hai Van Pass – Hoi An (Meal: B)
Private Driver pick you up and transfer you to Hoi An. Hai Van Giant Pass where you stop on the way to see the most giant Pass in Vietnam is most famous and very beautiful spot in the Center to see.
Stop on Hai Van Pass for many beautiful photo with stunning and breathtaking landscape. Then keep going to Da Nang city to take overview while driving through Da Nang city, then going to Hoi An old town. Check in the hotel and have your own free time in Hoi An.
Overnight at hotel in Hoi An.
Day 9: Farming & Fishing Trip (Meal: B,L)
09:00 – 09:30 AM: Tour guide meet you at your hotel, cycle to a local farming village travelling along picturesque country roads, you have a chance to capture some amazing pictures with the farmers on the field, fishpond and the buffalo, you can also try to riding the water buffalo if you love it.
Keep riding to local home. Here, you will be welcome local water “En water”. Then, the farmer will take you to the boat station, boarding across the coconut-palm flanked waterways far from the traffic the motor scooters, and the noises the city to learn and try how to use the local traditional fishing techniques using round and cast nets and paddle the Vietnamese bamboo basket boats.
After that, you will be shared the daily work in the rural by local farmers, you will join in the activities of the farmers – collecting seaweed fertilizer, sowing, raking, watering and picking.
Leaving the garden, you will back to the farmer’s home and enjoy foot massage with the local herbal treatment.
After lunch, take a cycling back to you hotel.
13:30-14:00: Arrive your hotel in Hoi An.
Overnight at hotel in Hoi An
Day 10: Hoi An Departure (Meal:B)
Today, according to your departure flight, driver will pick you up at the hotel and transfer you to Da Nang airport for your flight out.
If you want to stay longer going down the South, please feel free to let me know for further information.
See you again!
- Accommodations: 4 nights at hotel in Hanoi, 1 night on the cruise in Halong bay, 1 night on the train, 2 night at hotel in Hue, 2 nights at hotel in Hoi An
- Private car Hue – Hai Van Pass – Hoi An
- Other as mentioned in the itinerary
- Private car/van airport pick-up in Hanoi
- Private train station transfer and pick up in Hanoi and Hue
- Train ticket with soft sleeping bed on train Hanoi – Hue with 4 people sharing
- English speaking tour guide in day tour
- Transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- All the entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- Hoa Lu ancient capital visit
- Rowing boat trip in Tam Coc
- Cycling time in Tam Coc
- Kayaking in Halong Bay
- Hiking on Titop island
- Swimming time in Halong Bay
- Cooking Demonstration on Halong cruise
- Surprising cave visit
- Welcome drink on cruise
- Deluxe cabin on Halong cruise
- Squid fishing game on Halong cruise
- Hue Imperial Palace visit
- Farming and Fishing as locals in Hoi An
- Cycling time in Hoi An
- Water Buffalo riding opportunity
- Local life experience in each city
- Complementary bottles of water
- Welcome drink on cruise
Meals as mentioned: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner:
- 7 Breakfast
- 5 Lunches
- 1 Dinner
- Vegan, Vegetarian food are available
- International flight into and from Vietnam
- All meals & beverages not specifically mentioned.
- Tips, Personal Expenses & those not clearly mentioned above
- Travel insurance.
- Visa application (where applicable) and personal travel documents are the sole responsibility of travelers.
- Child under 5 year old: free charge
- Child from 5 to 9 year old: 75% of adult
- Child above 9 year old: full charge
- If you want to travel with opposite route, please advise!
- If you want to upgrade into 4 or 5 star package, please advise!
- If you want to travel as Private tour, please advise!
- You want to extend your trip, please advise !
- Itinerary can be changed upon the uncontrolled weather conditions
What to bring:
- Please bring the lightweight, quick-dry clothing on summer, sun-cream, sun-glasses, long clothes covering the knees while visiting the temple and pagoda.
- Bring the flashlight, alarm clock, Insect repellent, Sun block, sport shoes, cash for personal expenses, and hat or umbrella.Prepare footwear: Sandals, hiking shoes, walking shoes, etc.
- Double check your camera and photography equipment.
- Warmer comfy clothes from October to March!